Since I agree with the idea that the email list is mission critical to any business who wants to leverage the power of the Internet, most of what I’ll be focusing on hangs on that.
Secondary to the email list is the website.
That’s the visible, searchable central hub to which everything else flows.
It’s said that one of the best ways of generating traffic to the website, and sign-ups to the email list, is through your blog.
Blogs allow you to become a trusted thought-leader in your industry.
Even if you’re solely a creative, it allows you to forge a deeper connection with your audience, which is at the heart of being a successful business in this day and age.
Seth Godin writes a blog post each day, and has done for many years. It’s no surprise he’s considered one of the greats of building an engaged audience.
Many other successful marketeers (for that’s what we all are, these days) suggest blogging regularly – ideally daily – as being one of the key factors of their success.
So, with that in mind, that’s what I shall do.
My “guinea pig” is How to Be Successful In Music, a new business I’ve started that kinda does what it says on the tin (well, that’s the hope!).
I’ll blog daily and make building my email list the No. 1 Priority.
I’ll report back here on that, and with other hacks and insights, in the hope that we all may learn a little more from the experience.
Questions, thoughts or comments? Share them below:
- Don’t rely on your memory, always write it down - 2016-12-02
- Don't focus on words - focus on white space - 2016-12-01
- Avoid problems: manage expectations - 2016-11-30
- Make more profit by making things easy - 2016-11-29
- Product or market; which do you build first? - 2016-11-28
- Increase your profits by repackaging your products - 2016-11-25
- How to sell successfully - sell the sizzle, not the sausage - 2016-11-24
- One of the key buying signals, and how to profit from it - 2016-11-22
- Make your life easier; go after the big win - 2016-11-21
- Price is the last variable you should negotiate with - 2016-11-18