Three days ago started a new company, How To Be Successful In Music, by kicking off with it’s blog.
I was starting from zero – no traffic and no email list.
I was also experimenting with the idea of daily blogging as a key traffic generation strategy.
So I wanted to give you a quick update on the results after the first few days:
- On the 17th I hadn’t yet launched
- On the 18th I published my first post – 24 visitors
- On the 19th I published my second post – 33 visitors
- On the 2oth I published my third post – 96 visitors
“Houston, we have a GO!”
And here’s the really cool thing:
I haven’t yet published today’s post (for the 21st) – so today’s 28 visitors are the cumulative effect from the first three days of posts 🙂
Now, that traffic hasn’t come from nowhere; I’ve been sharing and re-sharing the posts on both Facebook and Twitter, where I already have a few assets (i.e. pages, profiles and groups), but none of them are especially sizable and the above blog and company is a brand new proposition for those audiences.
In the future I’ll be speaking a lot more about the results, strategies and tactics from social media activity.
But for now I wanted to leave you with the above chart; a simple and positive picture of a step into the abyss – the baby-steps launch of a new company.
Questions, thoughts or comments? Share them below:
- Don’t rely on your memory, always write it down - 2016-12-02
- How to write better: don’t focus on words – focus on white space - 2016-12-01
- Avoid problems: manage expectations - 2016-11-30
- Make more profit by making things easy - 2016-11-29
- Are you building a platform, or just a product? - 2016-11-28
- Don’t leave money on the table; repackage your products - 2016-11-25
- How to sell successfully - sell the sizzle, not the sausage - 2016-11-24
- One of the key buying signals, and how to profit from it - 2016-11-22
- Make your life easier; go after the big win - 2016-11-21
- Price is the last variable you should negotiate with - 2016-11-18